Orthodontics for All Ages in Issaquah
Here at Dudley Smiles, we believe everyone should be able to get quality orthodontic care and a beautifully aligned smile. We’re proud to offer a full range of orthodontics for children, teens, and adults at both our Issaquah Office.
Issaquah Orthodontics For Children
There’s no minimum age for your child to begin orthodontic treatment. However, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends a child receive their first orthodontic evaluation by around the age of seven. By this time, your child should have a mix of baby teeth and permanent teeth. This makes it easier for orthodontists like Dr. Dudley to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems before they have the chance to become more severe.
Your first consultation is free, so get in touch with us to schedule an appointment for your child’s first orthodontic evaluation. Early treatment now means a healthy, beautiful smile for the future.
Dudley Smiles offers a variety of orthodontic appliances to choose from, both fixed and removable. These options include:
Issaquah Orthodontics for Teens
If you have a teen who recently learned braces can improve their smile, you probably have lots of questions. You may be feeling nervous or worried when you think about beginning the process. But there’s no need to worry – bulky, uncomfortable metal braces are a thing of the past. Today’s Issaquah braces are smaller, sleeker, and far more comfortable than ever before. They also come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors.
One of the biggest questions on your teen’s mind before having braces put on is often “how long will I have to wear these?” Although there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to that, there are a few factors that help us estimate how long it will take to treat your teens smile with braces. Your teen’s willingness to “play by the rules” plays a major role in the length of time it will take to complete their treatment. By sticking to Dr. Dudley recommendations, taking care of their braces, and maintaining a healthy dental hygiene routine, they can keep their treatment time to a minimum.
Issaquah Orthodontics for Adults
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for children and teens. In fact, one in every five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21.
Many adults are choosing to receive treatment later in life because they understand how important it is to maintain their oral health, they want to feel better about their overall appearance, or both. If you’ve experienced any of the following issues, orthodontic treatment may be for you:
- A bad bite (malocclusion) causing your teeth to fit together incorrectly
- The teeth are too crowded or spaced too far apart
- Any abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Or simply a desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Although the thought of wearing braces as an adult can be intimidating, there are several options that are discreet but effective. At Dudley Smiles, we offer ceramic braces, which blend in closely with your own smile, and Invisalign, a clear aligner system that is nearly invisible.
Why should you consider Issaquah orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — When your teeth are properly aligned it’s easier to keep them clean by flossing and brushing, which in turn helps to prevent other oral issues, including some that can affect your overall health.
- A healthy, straight smile builds confidence and self-esteem — Successfully completed orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, give you a better quality of life, and allow you to smile freely for maybe the first time ever!
- Untreated oral issues will get worse — Delaying or refusing orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues that will wind up costing you more in the end.
Dudley Smiles recognizes that children, teens, and adults in Issaquah all have different dental needs, requiring a different level of attention and care. We work diligently with each patient to ensure you receive the most appropriate treatment for you in the most inviting environment.
To learn more about how Issaquah orthodontics for all ages can help everyone in your family, click here to schedule a free consultation