Thanksgiving with Braces: Your Guide to Holiday Survival
November 14, 2016
Thanksgiving is almost upon us! All of us here at Dudley Smiles are busy planning menus and foraging for our favorite pair of elastic waist pants, dreaming about pumpkin pie and claiming the most comfortable spot for football watching.
With a focus on family, friends, and food, we love this time of year. But beyond that, we love how it forces us to take a step back and really think about what we’re thankful for.
By now, we’ve all heard – and probably made – jokes about what a circus of a year 2016 has been. There’s no denying it’s been a rough several months! Sometimes in the face of a series of upsetting things, it’s hard to practice gratitude.
We understand that, and in true internet fashion, we’ve put together a list of grateful gifs, because sometimes it’s easiest to express yourself through fluffy kittens and cute babies.
Here are our top 5 gifs to remind us of all we still have to be thankful for, even on days when thankfulness seems in short supply!
1. Family. For a tiny fraction of the year, we have the chance to really reflect on what our families mean to us. Thick or thin, ups and downs, these are the people who are with us through it all.
2. Friends. Especially the ones who aren’t afraid to hug it out! Friends are the family we get to choose.
3. Enough to eat. And not just at Thanksgiving, but all year. It’s really easy to take a full fridge for granted! But when you sit down to feast this Thursday, take a moment to really think about how fortunate you are.
4. Love. Any love! Your mom or dad, your boyfriend or girlfriend, your BFF, your pet. Sure, we usually relegate this emotion to Valentine’s Day, but we think Thanksgiving is actually the perfect time to give thanks for the thing that keeps our hearts full and happy.
5. Beautiful smiles! We’re thankful for the part we play in this one, helping you achieve healthy, straight teeth you want to show off.
We asked our fantastic staff to let us know what they’re feeling especially thankful for this year (besides pajama day, which is when we took these pictures.) Here’s what our team at Dudley Smiles had to say!
Oh, and we’re pretty excited about how the Seahawks season is going so far!
But more than that, we’re thankful for you. Without you, there is no us! You’re the reason we get to wake up every morning looking forward to a job we love. You’ve trusted your smile with us, and we want to be sure that this holiday season, you know exactly how much that means to us!
Wherever you find yourself sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner this year, we hope your day is full of love and laughter. Don’t forget basic maintenance for your braces and Invisalign in all your indulging, and remember that you can always get in touch with us if you have any questions or need any assistance!
Is there anything you’re feeling particularly grateful for this Thanksgiving? Drop us a note in the comments and let us know what it is!